All you need to know about Driver Shoes
At some point in time, we all look to upgrade, be it our lives or our lifestyle choices. Shoes for one, are a valued asset in our lifestyles. One is always searching for a brand that is premium, stylish, decently priced and makes no compromise on comfort. A footwear choice which meets all these requirements and perfectly blends with the smart-casual dressing of today’s era is none other than – Driver Shoes.
These shoes, however, were made to add comfort and grip for men while driving. When their elegance and classic looks caught people’s attention, they soon became the must have pair of shoes for men around the world.
What are Driver shoes and why are they called so?
Driver Shoes are simply timeless, one of the most fashionable footwear which were designed originally for Driving.
They lend an additional grip on the pedals and being lace less, can be easily slipped on and off. The rubber nubs under the Driver Shoes double up as a subtle sole that is instrumental in rendering grip over the car pedal firmer.
These shoes were quick to gain popularity & soon captured the markets. Be it an Italian designer or a Ferrari Champion, they became everyone’s favourite.
Nevertheless, it is important to understand the right occasion to wear them, ways to care for them and the material with which they’re made.
Here is all that you need to know about driver shoes, let us quickly have a look:
Driver shoes, the minimalist classic designer men’s shoes, come in an array of color options, a wide range of materials as well as different finishes.
They range from suede to milled, from nubuck to nappa leather ones and from the ones with metal accessories to the ones with penny’s on.
You can choose the style which matches your taste and the occasion you wish to wear these shoes for.
Understand the basic differences: Loafers versus Moccasins
To know about the driver shoes better, let us know about Loafers and Moccasins. Driving loafers, also known as ‘driving mocs’, do not have a formal heel or design and hence can be worn casually. On the other hand, this does not hold true for Moccasins.
The usual men’s loafers with a shine on the surface can be worn to formal events as well unlike Driving Loafers.
Ways to flaunt your driver shoes
You can carry a smart casual summer look with driver shoes. They can totally be your Summer Buddies owing to the great comfort they offer. Here are certain occasions, events or even situations where these pair of shoes will surely add meaning:
- Wear them to your road trip for that added comfort and great look.
- Wear them to your beach vacations, casual dates or summer party destinations. Pair them up with your linens and you can go sockless with your driver shoes to get a cool look.
- Deck up and get set for your business trips with these pair of shoes. They are ideal for Business Travels as well.
- Slip them on for poolside parties, beach wedding looks and many more such occasions to match your casual-smart outfit.
How to take good care of your favourite pair of Driver Shoes?
Shoe Care is of course important for you as every different pair of shoes needs special attention, so you need to know the right ways to take care of them.
Let us know more about how to take care of driver shoes such that they last longer and remain as good as new:
- Leather Driver Shoes need proper shoe maintenance, right from cleaning to polishing and storing them.
- Make sure you use the right cleaning kit or cleaning material.
- Store your shoes in dry, cool and dark places. Always store them in shoe bags to keep them safer.
- Have a separate pair of driver shoes to be used at places with more pebbles such as your garden or around the home.
- Wear your shoes in rotation, so you do not end up wearing and damaging the same pair of shoes over and again.
Final word on driver shoes
Driver Shoes are one of the most versatile pair of shoes you can have, try to take good care of them. Wear them to the right occasions and team them up with the right attire to make a statement. You can also play around with different colors and designs to see what suits you the most, and what goes best with different moods, occasions etc. Well, If you have not invested in these shoes yet; then it’s time to bring home your Summer Buddies and make a style statement without compromising on your comfort.